Dr Sushil Rudra PhD
How to keep our minds healthy? Yes, it’s a prime question. So let’s follow. Whether we are 20 or 80, it is always a good time to think about ways how to keep our minds healthy? Because people with strong minds live a richer and more fulfilling life.
So, how to keep our minds healthy? The flowing list incorporates plenty of mental, physical and nutritional ways to keep our minds sharp throughout our lifetimes.
Eventually, Keeping our minds sharp is also a great way to achieve anything big. It helps us be successful in one of the best online criminal justice programs or one paralegal program.
Therefore, we are sure to find some great ideas we can start doing today.
- GET PLENTY OF MENTAL EXERCISES: How to keep our minds healthy?
The Brain can atrophy just like a muscle can take the following suggestions to give our minds a mental workout every day.
- Use Our Brain: There is a lot of knowledge up there. To put it into action. So doing tasks such as thinking through problems or avoiding the calculator for simple arithmetic is one way to exercise our minds.
- 2. Crossroads: We purchase newspapers. There we can find crosswords puzzles each day. They usually get progressively more difficult as the week goes on, Culminating in the most challenging puzzles on Sunday. If we don’t get the newspaper, we can find many free crosswords puzzles online.
- 3. Scrabble: We have to play Scrabble with our friends in person or play online. Hence, Scrabble is a great way to get our brains thinking.
- 4. A regular habit of Reading. Read anything – Books, Magazines, the back of cereal boxes. As a result, reading keeps our minds pumping, and ultimately we learn new things at the same time.
- 5. News: Keep up with the current events and affairs. Whether our interest in politics, World News, or Sports news, or local small-town gossip, staying current with the news stimulates our minds.
- 6. Puzzles: The problem-solving skill of working on puzzles help keep our minds sharp. Therefore, start it as early as possible.
- 7. Word – puzzles: Solve brain teasers such as anagrams, logic problems, or refuses. You can have fun with these puzzles anytime we have a few extra minutes.
- 8. Video games: Another best thing is to play video games. Who said video games are a waste of time? Some video game playing can fight Alzheimer’s.
- Read also:Mind – Brain and Depression 2. How To Avoid Depression? 3. Depression and Insurgency In Kashmir
- 9. Movies: Watch a thought-provoking movie. It will widen your brain capacity. Moreover, It’s enjoyable. Entertainment and knowledge – both the things we can get from it. Besides, It also enhances our thoughts processes. So watch any movie when you are in a monotony.
- 10. Improve Your Cholesterol: High Levels of LDL ( bad cholesterol) are associated with an increased risk of Dementia. Diet, Exercise, Weight Control, and avoiding tobacco will go a long way towards improving our Cholesterol levels.
- 11. Consider Low Dose Aspirin: Some observational studies suggest that low dose aspirin may reduce the risk of Dementia., especially, Vascular Dementia.
- 12. Care For Our Emotions: People who are anxious, depressed, sleep-deprived, or exhausted tend to score poorly on cognitive function tests, a poor score doesn’t necessarily predict an increased risk of cognitive decline in old age, but good mental health and restful sleep are certainly important goals.
- 13. How to keep our minds healthy? So Start a New Hobby: You may start swimming or dancing or playing any games. Mainly these are very beneficial for cognitive enhancements. It also supplies mental strength.
- 14. If we have a practice in smoking, let’s quit this bad habit. Because Tobacco is not only injurious to physical health but also harmful to mental health. So quit this. ( How to keep our minds healthy?)
- 15. How to keep our minds healthy? Start walking. Because Walking can improve our mental health. Walking is the best exercise. of body and mind. Therefore, Every day 10 to 20 minutes of walking can enhance our cognitive impairment. At least 3 days a week we should go walking out.
- 16. Ultimately, everyone should avoid Fast Food, Processed foods, White Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils, Caffeine, Saturated Fat, Heavy Metals, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Alcohol, Environmental Pollutants.
- 17. Supplement Your Diet The Brain – Healthy Way: Omega 3 Amino Acids are one of the best brain supplements we can take, helping stave off Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia and depression.
- 18. Take Green Tea regularly. Also, take B Vitamins, Vitamin c, Vitamin E, Water, Lecithin, Kombucha, Both are beneficial for mental health.
- 19. Eat Healthily: Antioxidant, Fish, Avocado, Fruits and Veggies, Whole Grains, Olive Oil, Onions, Superfoods ( Berries, Blue Berries, Cooked Foods, Breakfast.( HOW TO KEEP OUR MINDS HEALTHY)
- Read also: 1. Practice 7 Asana for Immunity 2. International Hypertension Day & Yoga 3. INDIAN YOGA & OUR LIFESTYLES