WHY SONAR BANGLA DREAMS NOT COME TRUE ?
“Aamar Sonar Bangla Aami Tomai Bhalobasi”
” Bipode More Rokkha Karo E nahe Mor Parthona/ Bipade Aami Na jaeno kori Bhai “
Table of Contents :
2. 2021 West Bengal Election analysis
3. Why BJP couldn’t have enjoy success in this Election?
4. Election Strategy of TMC & BJP
5. Finding some Fault behind the defeat of BJP
1. Introduction: Not all sections of voters in West Bengal are truly appreciated the Assembly election result of 2021. It is fact, that TMC won the battle massively more than they expected, but it didn’t satisfyed 39 per cent of the voters of Bengal. And Sonar Bangla dreams not came true. Who are they?
Obviously, they’re not Muslims voters. This election is different from all other previous election. Because this election took place in between Bharatiya Janata Party and TMC. Others parties couldn’t put any impression amongst the voters. The main hindrance of Bharatia Janata Party is Muslim voters. They became united for their existence. They thought that Mamata is the savior. Why Sonar Bangla Dreams not come true – hope it is clear to all.
2. 2021 West Bengal Election ResultAnalysis:
Why they were rejected ? Why CPIM, Congress and Cleric party couldn’t get any positive feedback to be a major opposition party in the assembly elections? And also why sonar Bangla dreams not come true? All these questions arise in mind! We will try to find out answers about all these questions here.
In brief, we can say that Muslim voters were polarised in any way. So, unquestionably they didn’t support BJP, rather they favoured only Mamata as their saviour or Mother. That’s why even the Muslim votes of CPIM and Congress had gone to Mamata which she didn’t expect at all. Mamata becomes successful to manage these minority votes in favour of her behalf by repeatedly saying that if “foreign party” ( BJP) get the victory they would have been looted all your property, even your son’s and daughters. Most of the literate Hindu don’t like Mamata, her nephew and other corrupted leaders. She and her party’s members won this electorial battle due to this cause.
Minority votes of four districts ( Murshidabad, Malda, North 24 Pargana, South 24 Parganas, the most minorities areas) which are of Congress and CPM, totally gone to TMC. Kolkata didn’t favour BJP. There are causes behind it. I will discuss it later.
But, indeed, the BJP could not celebrate a landmark win over Banerjee. The party, which once boasted it would get 200 seats in a 294 seat assembly (elections were held for 292 seats), was striving to cross the halfway mark. Even hours before the start of counting, Union minister Babul Supriyo replied on Facebook that he was sure of winning when someone asked what would happen in the event of a defeat.
“I won’t lose, but even if I lose what you want from your heart I will go back to being a happy man because I heard what my conscience said and acted,” Babul said.
3. Why BJP Couldn’t Have Enjoy Success In This Election? And Why Sonar Bangla Dreams not Come true ?
It is now coming out that the BJP had little ground support and always looked to the skies for the big buck triumphs because it had PM Narendra Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah and the entire NDA cabinet backing the party. On the other hand, Mamata Banerjee campaigned mostly with a plastered leg on a wheelchair and picked up all the sentiments required to translate into votes.
1. Most of the BJP candidates are either new or not veteran like TMC commanders except Babul Suprio, Shamik Bhattacharya, Rahul Sinha. Rahul Sinha though veteran, but not popular.
2. Second cause is very sensitive that’s their face of the Chief Minister. BJP didn’t clear about it before the election. So it was very uncertain to the people who would be the Chief Minister of the BJP government. I think in future it will be maintained.
3. BJP President Dilip Ghosh no doubt is a good organizer, but he should be something polished in his utterance, especially when he is going to talk with the women of Bengal. He is a perfect man having no corruption or other bad habits. But Peoples of Bengal like to have an intellectual leader in this position.
4. The Trinamool Congress worked on the regional pride factor, BJP had none. Worse, again I am telling that the party could not even put forward a single name for the CM’s chair. There were intense speculations in the Indian Capital how four to six top BJP leaders were clamouring for the CM’s chair without realising they had virtually no political base in the state.
5. There were bickerings, serious bickerings throughout the campaign. What the leaders said was not exactly what the people believed,” said a BJP worker who did not want to be named. He said the party’s final tally of 83 was credible only because it’s the previous tally in the 2016 assembly elections was 3. Even 77 seats in the assembly will not change BJP’s fortunes in the state.
2021 Bengal Election: The great battle / kalpatarurudra.org
6. A reporter has described that it was like a single, fleet-footed Diego Maradona taking on a bunch of defenders near the penalty box.”The BJP often lampoons TMC, I am sure Didi will give them a befitting reply,” TMC MP Mimi Chakraborty once told this during an interview.
Modi’s remarks of Didi O Didi was unacceptable to women who threw everything behind Banerjee.
At a press conference on Sunday, May 2, 2021, Banerjee told correspondents that it was a “people’s victory”.
So, what went wrong with the BJP? The party could not handle Banerjee.
Banerjee, despite pressures and taunts, remained a thorn BJP could not handle. She made it clear to the masses in Bengal that regional aspirations cannot be steamrolled by a single ideology. She showed everyone why India is in urgent need of a leader who could take on the PM and his band of brothers every single day and demand accountability for leading the country into an abyss.
7. Mamata asked why the polls were extended for over a month and why there was such a massive deployment of Central forces. She also pointed out the slow procurement of vaccines by the Centre.
8. Too much Hindutwa, and Jai Shri Ram slogan might be the cause of fear to the Muslim community. And also a section of Hindu who trust in constitutional secularity did not like it. Although they’re mostly intellectual CPM & Congress Voters. But yes, Hindus of Village areas favoured BJP and the people who were affected by the CPIM and TMC rules, they gave their support to BJP. I think in future the Bharatiya Janata Party must maintain it.
9. BJP’s hop, leap and jump politics was like sending a blind elephant decreeing into the opposition without realising the ambushes of jungle warfare. The party said it understands Bengali culture but sent an insensitive person as Viswa Bharati’s vice-chancellor who disarrayed the show right from the word go. The news of his arrogance spread like wildfire. BJP lost the plot almost overnight.
10. The BJP tried hard to rope in former Indian skipper Saurav Ganguly, probably because it felt it had helped him become the BCCI president overnight. The move did not work. The party eventually got Mithun Chakraborty, a near leftover artist who made a mess of his appearance by saying he is a venomous King Cobra. He tried his best.
11. In Kolkata, BJP workers yelled Jai Shree Ram slogans at an event where both Modi and Banerjee were present to honour Netaji Subhas Bose on his birth anniversary. It was unnecessary. The BJP harped a lot on its founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee but did nothing to repair his home, or plans for a library and a study centre remained mostly in files.
“You cannot fight an election just because you have the PM and his cabinet on your side,” said Ashesh Sengupta, a senior writer who runs a conversational platform, Kathopokathon.
12. Mamata Banerjee persuaded her voters that compassion and empathy are her key qualities. Any politician who does not have these two qualities do not stand a chance. Banerjee in her rallies repeatedly talked about the decline of India’s democracy. It was like a mother explaining to her children that only she can guarantee peace by fighting the storm raging outside. But she only loves her power and her nephew.
13. The BJP had Modi and his trusted lieutenant, Amit Shah, on its side and also UP CM Yogi Adityanath . But no one was seen as the Pied Piper of Hamlin. They came, they saw and they left. They projected an imaginative show before people without valid documents will be shunted out of the state. The words consolidated the Muslim votes against the party. In repeated meetings, BJP leaders talked about their Sonar Bangla campaign or the promise to turn Bengal into an El Dorado but could not explain what it means.
The BJP leaders repeatedly said it will follow the Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas but could not earn the much needed vishwas of voters. They kept on wondering what would happen if TMC sweeps the show. No wonder they majorly walked into the Ma, Maati, Maanush camp.
It was clear to Bengal that BJP has come with a Big Brother attitude. But it has no interest to serve the state.
14. At the same time, Banerjee continued to talk about her small schemes in the countryside. It worked wonders with naive villagers and those in Tier II and Tier III towns. Mamata Banerjee proved once again she was a root woman and no Oxford-educated candidate or half-baked film stars could upset the TMC apple cart.
15. Time and again, top BJP leaders like Dilip Ghosh made disparaging remarks, triggering furore in the state. Ghosh wanted to change his rustic image and even started playing golf but continued to spew venom against people, especially women. Such was his arrogance that once a senior BJP leader messaged a journalist in Delhi, saying “Ghosh is like Dolce Gabbana (DG), one of its kind. He will not change.”
It was clear to Bengal that BJP has come with a Big Brother attitude. They have no interest to serve the state. And the fear of Ghosh as the Big Boss of the state was totally unfathomable to many in the state.
16. Worse, the bulk of the BJP half-Bengali language campaign revolved around anti-Mamata slander. Little did the party realise that Banerjee’s campaign of Banglar Meye (Bengal’s daughter) was a clever one as she planked herself as rget of outsiders. It helped the TMC pocket chunks of women’s votes. It was all about regional pride, a plank that had once helped Modi win several elections as the Gujarat CM. In short, Mamata Banerjee had no real opposition except the BJP’s big bag of resources and top leaders.
17. BJP’s inability to bring corruption cases in Bengal to a logical end also proved to be the party’s nemesis. Cases of Ponzi scheme corruption cut money scandals, coal scam and illegal cattle smuggling did not reach any logical conclusion. Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek openly challenged BJP to take action against him. The saffron brigade’s silence only bolstered the hopes of TMC supporters.
BJP could not celebrate a landmark win over Mamata.
18. The TMC consolidated the minority vote. it was a shame that the BJP could not consolidate the Hindu votes. The minority votes of the Left Front and Congress also went to TMC. It pushed the party to greater heights. The BJP had the momentum in Bengal since the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Because it won a large number of Lok Sabha seats. But simply failed to tap the anti-incumbency sentiment against TMC supremo, given a sheer lack of organisation on the ground.
4. Election Strategy Of TMC & BJP and Why Sonar Bangla Dreams not come true?
In 2019, the BJP led in 121 assembly segments in Bengal. In 2021, the saffron brigade hoped the anti-incumbency factor would take it beyond 147. But it did not work. The party could just not encash the disillusioned many had with TMC and secondly, its worker strength in Bengal was not even a patch on its power in Uttar Pradesh, even MP or Jharkhand.
The BJP wanted to work on the gains of 2019 to wrest power in 2021. But they were not realising it took TMC 12 years to outplay the Left Front in 2011. Mamata Banerjee lost before two elections. The BJP thought of the Modi factor as the game-changer but it did not work.
5. Finding Some Fault Behind The Defeat Of BJP: Why Sonar Bangla dreams not come true?
∆∆ Three factors went against the BJP.
(a) The huge deployment of Central Forces sent a wrong signal to voters in the state that Modi, not the Election Commission, was taking the calls.
(b). Secondly, the injury sustained by Banerjee jee in Nandigram on March 10, worked to her advantage. She campaigned in a wheelchair and blamed the BJP. She regained her image of a fighting fit woman.
(c). Many in Bengal did not like Modi’s remarks of Didi O Didi, it was unacceptable to women who threw everything behind Banerjee.
So, what went wrong with the BJP? The party could not handle Agni Kannya of Bengal, Mamata Banerjee.
(d). And finally, the Sitalkuchi firing incident on the day of the fourth phase of polling when four Muslim boys were killed in firing by Central forces helped Banerjee to rally the Muslim voters. She suddenly emerged as the sole survivor of the minority community. The Congress’s tactical withdrawal from Malda, Murshidabad and Dinajpur, where it had won 26 seats in 2016, hinted towards a secret pact between 10, Janpath and TMC.
6. Conclusion : Why Sonar Bangla Dreams not come true ?
BJP continued to paint the big canvass without realising small issues often turn fortunes in elections. The party wanted a powerful challenger, always arrived with police, loads of drummers and the backing of a powerful cabinet. Bjp leaders 54always asked Hindus to unite to counter TMC’s Muslim appeasement.
But the party was pushed to the ground like a prostrate, disembowelled Gulliver by the TMC. It worked mainly on sentiments. Tart-tongued Banerjee, in her trademark white sari and sandals, has now emerged as a big opposition candidate with this victory.
Parliamentary election 2024 is not far away. From now on, BJP should make a strategy for the coming election considering all these loopholes so that they could have been enjoying a vibrant place in Bengal politics. And also will act like an Amritanjan ointment to the supporters of the BJP. Because they’re not okay in the post-election result situation. Mostly they are very very poor and Hindu minorities. Kolkata’s so-called Intellectuals and citizens don’t know the real situations of the Bengal villages, especially the villages of minority (Muslim)- solvent districts. TMC goons are continuing their bullying in and Killing games . So the play is going on.
BANKIM’S VIEW & PROBLEM:
Bankim Chatterjee, the great author and nationalist once sang ” Vande Mataram” and wrote “Anandamath” and other political essays to awakening Hindus. But very sorry to say that later he was marked and convicted by some Congress leaders as militant Hindu. The cause behind it, the then Muslim leaders did not grant” Vande Mataram” as it is imagined to be a Bharat Mata.
Hence we can say, we are not aware of us, our culture. Until and unless we become conscious about it, we never win.