Table of Contents Hide
- Health Tips:
- TYPE OF CONTENTS :
- Symptoms Of Prediabetes:
- Choose a Good Doctor :
- 2. Exercise and Yoga
- 3. Always Take A Nap with Healthy snacks :
- 4. Changing Your Lifestyle:
- 6. Do meditation or mindfulness before sleep.
Dr Sushil Rudra 05.02.2022
Durgapur Steel City, India
Do you worry about your health? Are you diagnosed with prediabetes? Follow this post to overcome this situation.
If you might want to reverse the pre-diabetes conditions. You are here at the right place. Don’t worry about prediabetes. It’s not a so serious condition that you feel worried. If you take some measures, you can reverse them easily. So, not being worried, follow these rules.
TYPE OF CONTENTS :
First of all, check your blood sugar levels. Are you diagnosed with prediabetes? If yes, Now the question, What is prediabetes?
We all know that Diabetes is a major and chronic disease in the modern world. It’s the consequences of unrest living with stretch full lifestyles. The more we are running towards fulfilling our vast longings, the more we have been facing such unrest lifestyle-oriented diseases. Sometimes it turns into a serious condition if we ignore it.
Therefore, it is our foremost duty to check our sugar levels in time, and obviously at intervals. After investigation, if it is found that, you are with prediabetes, so not worrying about it , do continue some habits which can control it.
Many people who are detected with prediabetes, suffering from stress and anxiety disorder. You know, constantly feeling of anxiety and stress can be considered to be prediabetes. So, stop feeling stress anyway.
We have noticed that many people think that prediabetes is a very fatal disease. Is it true? Is prediabetes fatal like diabetes? Or if we are with prediabetes, would our lives be tormented overnight! It’s not true.
No, Never. Not at all. We must not be stretched when we will be detected with prediabetes. A moderate lifestyle with utmost discipline and punctuality in day to day life can be healthy and easy to reverse prediabetes.
Hence, after detection with prediabetes, if you be serious about your health, and take some bold measures, I think you can be able to get normal sugar levels within few weeks. You will be cured physically and mentally.
What is prediabetes?
A person with borderline diabetes, or prediabetes, has blood sugar levels that are higher than normal but not yet high enough for a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
Borderline diabetes is a condition that may lead to type 2 diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, an estimated 10 to 23 percent of people with borderline diabetes will go on to develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
Doctors may also refer to borderline diabetes as:
- insulin resistance
- impaired glucose tolerance
- impaired fasting glucose
This post exposes how to recognise risk factors for prediabetes, how to manage the condition, and how to prevent type 2 diabetes from developing.
Symptoms Of Prediabetes:
Like other diseases, Prediabetes does not have clear symptoms. Some people may not be aware that they have it until:
- a doctor tests blood glucose and blood pressure levels
- prediabetes has progressed to type 2 diabetes
- a complication occurs, such as a heart attack
Therefore, if a person’s blood sugar level remains high, they may begin to develop some symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Symptoms include frequent urination and increased thirst.
Naturally, most people will not know they have prediabetes until they receive testing.
Therefore, try to discover how you can eat balanced and filling meals that keep your blood sugar in check.
Several Causes of Prediabetes :
Several Causes and risk factors
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), a range of other conditions can increase the risk of prediabetes , including:
- obesity, especially abdominal obesity
- high blood pressure
- high blood fat levels, or triglycerides
- low levels of “good” high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
Other risk factors include:
- not getting enough exercise
- having a family history of type 2 diabetes.
According to the American Heart Association, the following lifestyle factors may also be a risk for prediabetes in some people:
- raised stress levels
- drinking too much alcohol
Maybe you like to have sugary drinks and foods like sweets. Regularly consuming high-sugar drinks may also increase the risk. Sugary drinks can contribute to the development of diabetes.
It’s found in a research of 2017, that people who regularly drink sugary beverages face an increased risk of metabolic diseases, such as high blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose and fats.
All these metabolic conditions can lead to prediabetes and diabetes.
On the other hand, People who lead an inactive lifestyle are at higher risk of taking in too many calories without burning them through exercise.
Moreover, people who may be at risk of developing prediabetes include those with polycystic ovary syndrome and those who have experienced instances of high blood sugar levels in the past.
Diagnosis Can Detect:
A doctor typically diagnoses prediabetes with a blood test, particularly a glucose tolerance test. A glucose tolerance test measures how quickly the body can process the sugar in the blood in a 2-hour period.
Other tests include measuring blood sugar levels after a person has not eaten for a specific period. This is called a fasting blood test.
The doctor may also use an A1C test. This involves measuring the average blood sugar levels over 2–3 months. People do not need to fast or take any special liquids or medications for this test, and it gives reliable results.
According to the American Diabetes Association, a doctor will diagnose prediabetes when test results show the following measurements:
- fasting blood sugar levels of 100–125 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl)
- glucose tolerance levels of 140–199 mg/dl
- an A1C test result of 5.7–6.4 percent
A doctor will often re-test these levels to confirm that the readings are not due to one-off spikes in blood sugar.
Blood glucose monitors for home use are available for purchase online.
Who Needs Screening?
The NIDDK advised that people with the following risk factors should undergo a prediabetes screening:
- an age of 45 years or over
- obesity or overweight, or a body mass index (BMI) over 25
- a waist circumference larger than 40 inches in males or over 35 inches in females
- a close relative with diabetes
- a condition that increases insulin resistance, including PCOS, acanthosis nigricans, and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- an ethnic background that places an individual at high risk of diabetes, including people who are African-American, Asian-American, Latino, Native American, or a Pacific Islander
- a history of gestational diabetes, or diabetes as a result of pregnancy
- having given birth to an infant weighing over 9 pounds
- having a disease that harden the arteries
- recent treatment with glucocorticoids or atypical antipsychotic medications
If a doctor identifies any of these risk factors, they may recommend that the person has a screening for blood glucose levels.
Medical professionals advise repeating screening tests every 1 to 3 years if a person has these risk factors.
Choose a Good Doctor :
However, anyone who is concerned that they may have borderline diabetes should visit the doctor for testing and a proper diagnosis.
Natural Treatment of Prediabetes:
1. Diet Can Reverse Your Prediabetes:
Learn how changing the way you eat can have a big impact on your health and how you feel.
Prediabetes is reversible, but it is often easier to prevent than treat. Lifestyle factors are the primary causes of prediabetes, and making changes in some aspects of life can significantly reduce risk factors.
Fruits with fibre and less stretch vegetables are very useful and healthy for prediabetes or sugar trendy people. ADA creates a fine tool which helps to select foods for the prediabetes. In your 9″ plate, take 25% proteins, 25% grains and rest 50% non starchy green vegetables. It should be a healthy diet for the prediabetes.
A balanced, nutritious diet that moderates sugar intake and regular exercise can help reverse borderline diabetes.
- improving intake of unprocessed high-fiber carbohydrates
- increasing fruit and vegetable consumption
- reducing saturated fat and processed meat intake.
So choose Mediterranean Diet. It works well for some people. What is the Mediterranean diet? Read here: Diet to avoid mental stretch and depression and https://kalpatarurudra.org / To Avoid Mood Swings and Depression Why I Am Stick To Follow Perfect Diet?
• Eat Fewer Carbs :
Eat fewer of certain carbs to help reverse prediabetes. So choose carbohydrates cautiously. Take brown rice in lieu of white rice, mixt Brown wheat in stead of white wheat.
• Add more high fibre foods into your meal.
• Swap out high – calorie foods. Drink skim milk, rather than whole milk, choose lower fat cheese and salads.
• Avoid high fat, high-calorie chips, and desserts. Rather choose fresh fruits, whole wheat crackers with pea – nut butter.
• Vegetables, especially the less starchy kinds, such as spinach, and other leafy greens, broccoli, carrots and beans should include in your regular diet.
2. Exercise and Yoga
Try It minimum 30 to 40 minutes.
Exercise and yoga minimum of half an hour should be included in your daily routine. You can walk also.
Walking half an hour regular in the morning and evening can normalise your prediabetes. It may lessen your body weight, and you know, overweighted people are to be a trend with prediabetes and diabetes.
So regular 30 to 40 minutes of walking practising yoga and exercises for 5 days a week might help you to decrease your body weight and fat. Moreover, you can manage your sugar levels up to 3 hours more than the persons who don’t practice exercise and yoga or walking.
You have to mind it that habit is the second nature. No, Swami Vivekananda, our great yogi told that habit is the first nature of man.
So try to make it a habit. You have to increase the time of practising yoga, exercise and walking gradually. You should not do it maximum time all on a sudden in one fine morning. Let proceed in slow motion and gradually try to increase the time. Suddenly one hour walking might not be helpful to your health. Slow, but sure method will be fruitful to you. Ultimately, you couldn’t be able to change your habit. So it has a long term efficacy of reversing prediabetes. .
Read more: To Avoid Mood Swings and Depression Why I Am Stick To Follow Perfect Diet?/https://kalpatarurudra.org
3. Always Take A Nap with Healthy snacks :
Be careful when you’re going to have snacks. You should choose those snacks which can not increase your sugar levels and also your body weight. Sugar, sodium and unhealthy fat-rich snacks must not be in your short naps.
4. Changing Your Lifestyle:
Anxiety, stress, Bohemian lifestyle, Smoking too much, Drinking wine beyond the limit – all these can heighten your sugar level. Either minimise it, or give up it forever. Rather do some yoga and exercises.
Meditation is a good way to overcome it. Or read a good book to divert your mind from the desire of getting wine or smoking. It helps your mind to calm and peaceful.
Moreover, it will be a natural way to reverse prediabetes. Making lifestyle changes may be even more powerful than just taking medication.
Exercise is also important. According to a report in Diabetes Care, exercise can help prevent or delay diabetes from developing.
Recent guidelines for Americans recommend that adults should:
- have at least 150–300 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week
- do muscle-strengthening exercises at least twice a week, such as lifting weights or doing push-ups
Examples of moderate exercise are fast dancing and brisk walking.
Regular exercise and a healthful diet not only help reduce the risk of developing diabetes but also protect the heart against future diseases.
5. Need Sound Sleep:
Insomnia is active behind any serious disease!
Set good sleep habits.Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. So don’t get stuck in irregular and delinquent sleep habits. It’s a very bad habit. It hampers your sleep clock. So keep it at a fix time. You can avoid any serious ailments if you have good and sound sleep in every night.
You know that a shortfall of sleep makes it harder for your body to use insulin effectively and might make type diabetes more likely.
• Don’t Watch T.V or Use a Laptop or Mobile when you’re trying to fall asleep. At least 1 to 2 hours before your sleep schedule, you keep aside all those gadgets.
• Avoid tea or caffeine at night. It can hamper your sleep. I generally don’t take it after evening.
• Turn out lights of your room minimum 1/2 hours before going to sleep. Because, darkness helps us to get sleep very quickly.
6. Do meditation or mindfulness before sleep.
Meditation is an ancient Indian method of yoga to control mind’s factuation. Therefore, it helps us to get positive energy massively. Moreover, it cures our minds and give us mental strength. Positive energy and mental strength can have a great power to rectify our physical ailments.
7. Drink Sufficient Water :
Another excellent way to reverse prediabetes is drinking sufficient water. It prevents you from type 2 diabetes.
Water helps to control blood glucose levels and it is also a healthy substitute for soda and fruit juices. As all these beverages are typically high in sugar. Hence, it is harmful for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes as well.
8. Move More :
- Try to move here and there when you have no work. Even when you’re in front of the TV set, take some time for stretching or moving from one room to another. Don’t stay sitting in the same place for a long time. Move one table to another table of your friends in the office. Movements can help blood circulation flow normally.
- Gardening is a good source of energy. Do it a habit. If you toil in gardening, this can provide you energy and strength both physically and mentally.
9. Be Social and Get Help From Your Support Group:
Don’t Stay alone. Be Social. However, social communication is a powerful tool for you when you’re physically and mentally distressed. May it be, you have detected any disease ( prediabetes or Lungs infection), your spouse , friends and neighbours would be a doctor, or a nurse of a hospital, they can give you a good suggestions.
They are your well wishes. You need their support. And they support you all the time to maintain your lifestyle. Perhaps they might ask you whether you’re following a regular diet and medicines. Or they never allow you to smoking or drink limitless wine or get sweets in the street store.
My elder brother used to smoke. He never purchased a cigarette in the shop on the road while I crossing it. Maybe either I told him to give up smoking, or I don’t like to have smoked. However, he had a fear anyway. 0
So, friends, relatives, neighbours are always well-wishers who can help you to abstain from any harmful practice.
Eating a healthy diet, exercising or walking regularly become easier if you have some people helping you out. They are holding your accountable, and cheering you on. Therefore, they can influence you a lot.
10. Be Attach with a Dietitian Nutritionist :
Always keep in contact with a dietician. It is a must duty. Because prediabetes or diabetes or any kind of disease can be easily handled with the exact diet and foods. So, only a Diatecian can advise you which foods are good for your health.
Through a diet, you can reverse your prediabetes. It’s a natural process. Prediabetes can be controlled with natural ways and I have discussed here thoroughly. Hope it will help my readers who are detected with prediabetes.
Please read and follow it. Comments and share this post to your friends and relatives. God bless you.
What is Diabetes Prevention Program:
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) was a long-term study that aimed to identify practical steps for reducing diabetes risk and reversing prediabetes.
The people who took part in the DPP Lifestyle Change Program aimed to lose 7 percent of their body weight. And they have maintained this loss through dietary changes and activity. So, after 3 years, the results of the program showed:
- a 58-percent drop in the risk of developing diabetes regardless of sex or ethnicity, compared with those who took a placebo
- a 71-percent drop in risk people of developing type 2 diabetes among people aged over 60 years
All the people in the program received motivational support on effective diet and exercise and attended “lifestyle change classes,” for the duration of the study.
Follow-ups took place regularly. After 15 years, people in the DPP Lifestyle Change Program continued to see a delay in the onset of diabetes compared to people who took a medication called metformin or a placebo.
Anyone who developed diabetes during the study received extra medical care. However, diet and exercise remained important in managing symptoms and reducing the risk of complications.
Are you diagnosed with prediabetes? So Monitoring It !
In addition to lifestyle changes, doctors may recommend other steps for managing the risk of diabetes.
• Firstly, medical management may include treating related conditions, such as obesity and heart disease.
• Secondly, managing prediabetes also involves continued monitoring of the risk factors and regular testing of blood sugar levels.
In conclusion, people can reverse borderline diabetes if they can make and maintain the necessary lifestyle changes.
Prediabetes or borderline diabetes is the stage before type 2 diabetes develops. By this stage, blood sugar, blood pressure, and insulin resistance may start reaching harmful levels.
Mind that prediabetes does not usually cause active symptoms, and most people will not be aware they have the condition until it becomes diabetes and starts causing severe health problems.
It is therefore essential for anyone who is at risk of developing diabetes to receive regular screening. Risk factors include high BMI and waist circumference, an age of more than 45 years, or other cardiovascular.
Read more: How To Avoid Depression?
Ref. from Healhline and health magazine